The Galveston Hotel & Lodging Association is currently accepting applications/nominations for its 2016 Board of Directors. This is an opportunity to be a leader in the Galveston lodging industry and part of the team that directs the future of your Association.
Directors are approved by the Membership at the September 21st Meeting and serve a two-year term. The time commitment is approximately 6 - 8 hours per month which includes attending quarterly membership meetings as well as special events. Current Board Members are eligible to be re-nominated for another two-year term. If you are interested or would like to recommend an individual, please consider the following.
Board member responsibilities include:
- Attend Annual Strategy Meeting in January
- Board Meetings are held the first Wednesday of every month
- Must be an GHLA Member and in good standing per the Association’s Bylaws
- Regular attendance at Board and Membership Meetings
- Promote Membership in GHLA
- Be a Goodwill Ambassador for the industry through other Organizations
The GHLA Nominating Committee will meet shortly and the proposed slate will be presented to the Board of Directors in mid-September. If you are interested in being a Member of our GHLA 2016 Board of Directors, please submit a brief biography or resume to my attention via email (email@example.com) by August 26th. This can simply be an email outlining your experience as well as the various organizations that you have worked with!